The Flagler Museum is looking for a finance assistant to support the Museum’s Director of Finance. This full-time position will provide financial accounting and clerical support, maintain financial records that assist with general day to day tasks, perform a variety of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. The responsibilities of the finance assistant include classifying and recording the Museum’s daily revenues, processing accounts payable, assisting with bank reconciliations, performing duties as requested on annual audits and other annual reports, assist in department review processes, and departmental projects as needed.
- Ability to learn accounting software quickly and demonstrate proficiency. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity of nonprofit accounting, business principles, and practices
- Prepare daily deposits, by compiling data from various revenue sources, verifying, and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks
- Accuracy in calculations and attention to detail
- Ability to stay on schedule with daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual processes
- Effective communication skills
- Time management, prioritization skills, and ability to handle multiple projects
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Background and degree in business, finance, or accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in the field
- Experience and interest in non-profit finance preferred