Assistant Museum Store and Café Manager
Full-time, salaried position. Tuesday - Saturday. Excellent benefits.
Under the direction of the Museum Store and Café Manager, the Assistant Manager serves as a leader to staff, instructing and executing daily operating functions of the Museum Store and Café (in-season). The Assistant Manager provides direct support to the Manager in the areas of customer service, staff management, inventory control and maintenance, receiving and placing orders, and merchandising. This position is designed for someone who is high energy, hard-working and self-motivated. The ideal candidate has retail experience, communicates effectively with others, enjoys working with the public, loves history, and demonstrates good business acumen.
- Monitor and implement the daily operations of the store and café(in-season)
- Ensure proper customer service and staff job tasks
- Oversee store opening and closing procedures, including cash handling & receipts
- Merchandising and visual display
- Regularly review sales reports
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Keep track of inventory needs, floor stock levels, and place orders
- Receive and enter new inventory into POS system
- Set priorities, promote and achieve sales goals
- Work with staff to control shrinkage
- Annual inventory participation
- Food Safety Management Certification
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1 year in professional retail environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
Public Affairs Department Assistant
Full-time salaried position with excellent benefits. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, personable, possess great attention to detail, the ability to learn quickly, and have the ability to work multiple projects simultaneously. This position includes duties across multiple facets of marketing, communications, and public relations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creative design; experience with digital and print media
- Writing and editing; press releases, e-mail marketing, etc.
- Public and media relations
- Social media
- Survey administration
- Video editing using Final Cut Pro
- Digital photography, post-production
- Market research & analytics; Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Website/CMS management; knowledge of HTML a plus
- Candidate must be technically literate and ready to learn new software
- Graphic design experience with a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Mac and PC platform proficiency
- Fast learner
- Ability to lift and move 50 lbs.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field
- Industry experience, including internships, preferred.
The Flagler Museum is a smoke-free environment and drug-free workplace. A complete background check will be conducted. The Flagler Museum is an equal opportunity employer. Please send a cover letter and resume to Public Affairs Director, P.O. Box 969, Palm Beach, FL 33480, or fax to (561) 655-2826. No phone calls or deliveries, please.
Full time position. Skilled trades person desired. Ability to operate 60 foot lift. Benefits. Background check. The Flagler Museum is a drug-free, smoke-free workplace. The Flagler Museum is an equal opportunity employer. Call (561) 655-2833.