The Flagler Museum in Palm Beach, Florida has an opening for Registrar.
The Museum is seeking an experienced, full-time Registrar to serve as a member of the Curatorial team. Under direction of the Chief Curator, this position is responsible for the care, preservation, and cataloguing of objects in the Flagler Museum’s permanent collection, as well as all areas of exhibition registration, including but not limited to logistics, installation/deinstallation oversight, incoming and outgoing loans, and documentation. As a member of the Curatorial team, the position also contributes to departmental activities such as exhibition development, publications, and holiday decorating.
- Master’s degree in Library Science, Museum Studies, American History or a related field from an accredited university required
- Thorough knowledge of current registration practices and procedures (formal training in registrar administration preferred)
- Three or more years of relevant experience
- Experience with digitization of collections and collection databases
- The ability to multi-task and function as part of a collaborative team
- No phone calls, please.
- Applicants will be favored who have experience working within a Museum; graphic design experience; or a specialized knowledge of the history of Gilded Age Florida or America.
- Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resumé.
- The Flagler Museum is a smoke-free environment and drug-free workplace. A comprehensive background check will be conducted prior to hire. The Flagler Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.