The Flagler Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Museum is a smoke-free environment and drug-free workplace. Background checks are conducted as a condition of employment.
The Flagler Museum is seeking an experienced museum professional to collaborate closely with other members of the Curatorial Team in the exhibition program and the preventative care and conservation of the collections. The position is responsible for installation and maintenance of displays in the historic house museum and temporary exhibitions in the exhibit gallery, development and engineering of enhancements and repairs, and supervising contractors working on site. The position is full-time with benefits.
The Exhibit Technician must be detail-oriented and demonstrate creative problem solving, with an interest in establishing effective systems and solutions. Successful candidates must be capable of multi-tasking within a fast-paced environment and have a demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team. The position requires physical exertion and the ability to stand for long periods, climb stairs or a ladder without fear of heights, and lift and carry objects up to 40 lbs.
REQUIRED skills include art handling and packing, exhibit installation, basic carpentry, and knowledge of standard museum practices.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE skills include exhibition design and lighting, crate and display case fabrication, mount making, art preparation, and historic preservation practices. BFA or BA in art or related field preferred.
Seasonal Store Assistant
Employment through May 13, 2019
Tuesday- Saturday. Hourly Position. Weekends mandatory.
Under the direction of the Museum Store and Café Manager, the Seasonal Assistant serves a vital role in executing all daily operating functions, both within the Museum Store and the Café. The Assistant provides direct support to the Manager in the areas of sales, customer service, staff management, inventory control and maintenance, receiving and placing orders, and merchandising.
- Monitor and implement the daily operations of the store and café
- Ensure proper customer service and staff job tasks
- Cash handling & receipts
- Merchandising and visual display
- Keep track of inventory needs, floor stock levels, and place orders
- Receive and enter new inventory into POS system
- Promote and achieve sales goals
- Annual inventory participation
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred
- Previous retail sales experience a must
- Interest in the Gilded Age & Flagler history a plus
- Demonstration of professional customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Basic computer skills. Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Must have a high energy level and exude a positive attitude